Coordination is the process of synchronizing activities of multiple people in an organization with the effort to achieve specific goals. Coordination is carried out on every single level of management. At the top, the chief executive will coordinate the activities of functional or departmental managers. If there is a lack of coordination between production and the sales personnel department then either production will suffer or sales will suffer. It is believed that co-ordination can be achieved effortlessly with acts of direct interpersonal relationships and personal communication, which will make both parties in agreement on the methods, actions and ultimate achievements. However, the possibilities of conflict and misunderstanding always remain. These can be sorted out by direct contact and/or proper communication among various persons and it also helps to create mutual goodwill.
In order to create an environment of co-ordination, a co-coordinating consultant is brought in to organize the various levels of work. They are further responsible for the following functions:
- Provide additional support in the coordination of the review.
- Explain to the team the job scope prior to coming on site.
- Engage in a Conference with the client prior to going on site when necessary.
- Scheduled site reviews periodically.
- Develop the exit interviews, along with analysis of any future additions.
- Thorough planning- to plan various functions between personnel on a basic level to create basic coordination and communication. It allows one to become familiar with the process and to develop a strong foundation for continuing coordination and communication.
- Through directing- a coordinating consultant coordinates the work of his client and is essentially assigning work to a particular employee with a certain end goal in sight.
- Through proper communication- will keep a consistent flow of information and communication between all players involved in the coordination process.
- If necessary will participate in a conference call with client.
- Leading teams on site reviews, when necessary.
- Writing final reports.
- Writing the initial proposal for client with all reviews and any new development.
- Making all arrangements for client and employees when needed. Could be for travel arrangements or hotel accommodations, etc.