Human resource management is the area of management that teaches us how to direct and manage employees and clients. Therefore it is the duty of a human resource manager to create good working relations with employees. We can easily say that employees of any company are the real assets of a company. These assets were so big that MNC started human resource accounting. In this accounting, the net value of human capital is calculated. If a company's relationship with an employee is good then there is no one to interfere in the company's ability to work. The work relationship between the employee and company is very important. At this stage, Consulting with employee Relations can begin. The Consultant behaves as the liaison between employer and employee.
Human Resource Consultants goal is to establish, maintain a safe encouraging, and dynamic work place. Establishing policies and procedures are important, but the implementation of these factors in a reliable, reasonable, and punctual manner is equally important. Consultants help organizations establish and maintain productive work environments by addressing the following areas that have created an altercation between employer and employee.
- Problems related to the performance of the employee
- Employee handbooks and policy manuals
- Problems related to the habit of drug and alcohol abuse and violence
In an effort to increase the morale and productivity, limit job turnovers, help organizations increase performance and improve business relations the following steps must be taken. They help their firms effectively implement employee skills by providing training and development opportunities to improve those skills, while increasing employees’ satisfaction with their jobs and working conditions. Although some jobs in the human resources field are isolated cases, understanding how to interact with people outside of the human resources department is crucially important. The job duties of an Employee Relations Consultant include the following:
- They establish and maintaining professional work relationships with management and personnel while serving as an employee relations advisor. They offer advice from, and work with, Employee Relations in resolving problems in the workplace.
- They provide counsel and advise to upper and lower management, personel, and faculty alike on a variety of Human Resource related subjects which include, policy employee satisfaction, performance management, appraisal, problem resolution interpretation, compensation, ethics, codes of conduct. and protocal.
- They collaberate, study and analize the policies of the institution while assessing their procedures.
- They performa and participate in interviews, collaborate with other Human Resource staff regarding reduction turnover, exit and retention methods.
- They collaborate with, employees, faculty, and upper management on planning various strategies while implementating, and reducing the work force.
A Bachelor's Degree and three to four years of related experience; or a MBA–HR and a minimum of four years related experience is sufficient to become an Employee Relations Consultant. However they must know the behavior and psychology of an employee so they can resolve the problems analytically. In the United States, an Employee Relations Consultant can make a salary of $70000-$80000. The salary also depends on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.